Sunday, November 1, 2009

Afterthoughts...

I've been doing a bit of reflecting this past weekend.

So many thoughts and ideas have been running through my head about life, love and the pursuit of happiness. Addressing and gaining resolution in my personal life has reminded me of who I am, who I was and who I will be.

I did something this weekend I never thought I would have the strength to do- cut out a person in my life who has meant so much to me. I loved this person tremendously, I still do but I realize in order for me to move on with my life, this is what needs to be done. I often think about this person and how their life is now, especially without me in it. However, you can't dwell on someone who doesn't appreciate you as a person, as a precious soul, as a human being.
No one should ever, ever, ever tolerate that. And especially one who doesn't recognize and appreciate total and pure, unconditional love. That is one true rarity in this world.

Sometimes you have to shut people out in order to let them back in. I've learned this after few months and I think this is me finally healing ... without a scar.

1 comment:

  1. Babe, you are one strong lady and I not only admire you for it, but I love you for it as well. I can't even comprehend how someone can't see how incredible you are, but that's their loss. I'm just glad that I've had the opportunity to meet you, and I guess in a weird way I have to thank him for it. :) The world works in strange ways, but it's not broken and it still works nonetheless...

    Can't wait for brunch tmw! MUAH MAMACITA.

    Love, Jas

    ReplyDelete